Does SERVPRO Charged For An Inspection?
Need A Free Inspection? Please Call (619) 435-0365
SERVPRO of San Diego Bay SW/Coronado prides itself in being faster to any size disaster.
Because we are a preferred vendor for all major insurance companies, an estimate is not needed. We work off of the same price list, so the insurance companies typically want us to get started right away to help minimize the damage.
Listed below is a timeline showing reasons why an immediate response helps minimize the damage and restoration cost.
- Water quickly spreads throughout your property, saturating everything in its path.
- Water is absorbed into walls, floors, upholstery, and belongings.
- Furniture finishes may bleed, causing permanent staining on carpets.
- Photographs, books, and other paper goods start to swell and warp.
Hours 1 - 24:
- Drywall begins to swell and break down.
- Metal surfaces begin to tarnish.
- Furniture begins to swell and crack.
- Dyes and inks from cloth and paper goods spread and stain.
- A musty odor appears.
48 Hours to 1 Week:
- Mold and mildew may grow and spread.
- Doors, windows, and studs swell and warp.
- Metal begins to rust and corrode.
- Furniture warps and shows signs of mold.
- Paint begins to blister.
- Wood flooring swells and warps.
- Serious biohazard contamination is possible.
More Than 1 Week:
- Restoration time and cost increase dramatically; replacing contaminated materials and structural rebuilding may be extensive.
- Structural safety, mold growth, and biohazard contaminants pose serious risks to occupants.
Have Questions? Please Call (619) 435-0365
SERVPRO of San Diego Bay SW/Coronado is happy to share it's latest Five Star Google Review. We take our reviews very seriously and are appreciative of anyone who takes time to share their experience with us.
We know there are a lot of choices out there when it comes to restoration companies, so we are grateful for the opportunity to help out whenever it presents itself.
"Johnny and his team went beyond the call of duty when we called them about a potential leak resulting in mold issue. They addressed the problem like pros and were able to stop the source of the leak that 2 other companies couldn’t find. Thank you so much for saving the day for us! Appreciate you and your team so much! I would refer anyone I know to these guys!"
Smoke Damage San Diego County
Have Questions about Fire, Smoke, or Soot Damage?
Call Us Today – (619) 435-0365
Smoke and soot is very invasive and can penetrate various cavities within your home, causing hidden damage and odor. Our smoke damage expertise and experience allows us to inspect and accurately assess the extent of the damage to develop a comprehensive plan of action.
San Diego Fire
Different Types of Smoke
There are two different types of smoke–wet and dry. As a result, there are different types of soot residue after a fire. Before restoration begins, SERVPRO of San Diego Bay SW/Coronado will test the soot to determine which type of smoke damage occurred. The cleaning procedures will then be based on the information identified during pretesting. Here is some additional information:
Wet Smoke – Plastic and Rubber
- Low heat, smoldering, pungent odor, sticky, smeary. Smoke webs are more difficult to clean.
Dry Smoke – Paper and Wood
- Fast burning, high temperatures, heat rises therefore smoke rises.
Protein Fire Residue – Produced by evaporation of material rather than from a fire
- Virtually invisible, discolors paints and varnishes, extreme pungent odor.
Our Fire Damage Restoration Services
Since each smoke and fire damage situation is a little different, each one requires a unique solution tailored for the specific conditions. We have the equipment, expertise, and experience to restore your fire and smoke damage. We will also treat your family with empathy and respect and your property with care.
Who Do I Call If I Notice Water Damage After A Storm?
Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration
With the possibility of rain coming up in a couple of months, it's important to know what to do if you notice water damage after a storm.
Unfortunately because it's rare to rain in San Diego, one doesn't notice a roof leak until it's too late. SERVPRO of San Diego Bay SW/Coronado will always provide a free inspection. Listed below are a couple of our latest reviews. SERVPRO of San Diego Bay SW/Coronado is happy to share we have reached sixty 5 Star Google Reviews.
"Great experience! They arrived same day we discovered leak and called for help. Work was performed professionally and expeditiously. Cost was very reasonable. Highly recommend!!"-Rebecca R.
"Very professional business. They went above and beyond."- Beatrice M.
"Very great experience very punctual and clean working guys would highly recommend." -Angel C
Five Star Customer Service
Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration
24/7 (619) 435-0365
When most people experience a water damage loss the first thing they do is contact their insurance agent. Once SERVPRO of San Diego Bay SW/Coronado arrives, we will explain to you step by step on what to expect next.
SERVPRO of San Diego Bay SW/Coronado prides ourselves in communication and being a point of contact for both our client and the insurance company.
Listed below is our latest google review. Please click on the link below to read what clients have said about working with SERVPRO of San Diego Bay SW/Coronado.
"Johnny was great, responsive, and a subject matter expert in his field! Working with insurance can be confusing and stressful, and he was with me every step of the way. He and his team made this a seamless process, highly recommended!"
San Diego Earthquake
Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration
24/7 Emergency Service (619) 435-0365
In the event of an earthquake, secured gas lines are likely to become dislodged, leaving natural gas exposed and possibly resulting in a fire. When it comes to fire safety and earthquake preparedness, having a shut-off valve installed on your natural gas line or propane gas can help prevent fires and should not be overlooked when it comes to earthquake safety. Keep reading for more earthquake safety tips.
Evaluate Your Property’s Risk of Damage
- If the facility is located in an earthquake-prone area, the gas lines should be properly braced and equipped with proper safety devices. Because most gas or propane lines are rigid, they can be torn from their connection points during an earthquake.
- A broken gas or propane line creates the potential for a fire or explosion.
- Fire following an earthquake is a frequent source of property damage that can be reduced by taking the proper steps before an earthquake strikes.
- Safety shut-off valves will stop the flow of gas when they sense a problem.
Please click below for more safety and prevention tips.
CDC Natural Disasters and Severe Weather
Commercial Properties In San Diego
Have Water or Flood Damage?
Call Us Today- (619) 435-0365
SERVPRO of San Diego Bay SW/Coronado is grateful to have a relationship with a number of property management companies in and around San Diego County.
We take pride in working with all parties involved during a water or fire loss. When a property manager is involved there are times you can also have the homeowner, tenants, and insurance company to communicate with.
SERVPRO of San Diego Bay SW/Coronado will provide daily updates to all parties involved, so that there are no surprises. Listed below is a link to a 5 Star Google Review from a property manager whose tenants experienced water damage from a water heater in San Diego, CA.
"Awesome response. We had a water heater that leaked, went unnoticed until the laminate flooring started bubbling up. SERVPRO came in and removed all the affected pieces and dried it up asap. Definitely will use them again."
Do I Need Flood Insurance In San Diego?
Have Storm or Flood Damage?
Call Us Today (619) 435-0365
There basically are two insurance policies that deal with a homeowner's damage due to water -- a flood insurance policy and a homeowners insurance policy. Losses not covered by one of these policies may be covered by the other. Knowing the losses to which your home could be exposed will help you decide whether to buy one or both of these insurance coverage.
While insurance policies may differ in the coverage provided from homeowner to homeowner, there often are basic features common to all policies. You should ask your insurance agent or insurance company about the specifics of your insurance policy. In the meantime, the Insurance Information Network of California offers the following general information based on standard insurance policies.
As the name implies, a standard flood insurance policy, which is written by the National Flood Insurance Program, provides coverage up to the policy limit for damage caused by a flood. The dictionary defines "flood" as a rising and overflowing of a body of water onto normally dry land. For insurance purposes, the word "rising" in this definition is the key to distinguishing flood damage from water damage. Generally, damage caused by water that has been on the ground at some point before damaging your home is considered to be flood damage. A handful of examples of flood damage include:
- A nearby river overflows its banks and washes into your home.
- A heavy rain seeps into your basement because the soil can't absorb the water quickly enough
- A heavy rain or flash flood causes the hill behind your house to collapse into a mud slide that oozes into your home.
Flood damage to your home can be insured only with a flood insurance policy -- no other insurance will cover flood damage. Flood insurance is available through your insurance agent, insurance company or local Federal Emergency Management Office (FEMA). To determine if your home is located in a flood plain, contact your county planning office. If you are living in a flood plain, flood insurance may be an excellent purchase.
A homeowners insurance policy doesn't provide coverage for flood damage, but it does provide coverage for many types of water damage to your home. Just the opposite from flood damage, for insurance purposes, water damage is considered to occur when water damages your home before the water comes in contact with the ground. A few examples of water damage include:
- A hailstorm smashes your window, permitting hail and rain free access into your home.
- A heavy rain soaks through the roof, allowing water to drip through your attic or ceiling.
- A broken water pipe spews water into your home.
Even if flood or water damage is not covered by your homeowners insurance policy, losses from theft, fire or explosion resulting from water damage is covered. For example, if a nearby creek overflows and floods your home, and looters steal some of your furnishings after you evacuate, the theft would be covered by your homeowners insurance because it is a direct result of the water damage. However, the flood damage would be covered only if you have flood insurance.
What Should I After A Fire?
Fire or Smoke Damage? Please Call (619) 435-0365
SERVPRO of San Diego Bay SW/Coronado understands the stress that comes after a fire. Once the fire is put out, a lot of clients have questions on what the next step is. After any fire damage situation, your primary focus should be safety first:
- Is it safe to stay in the house?
- Electrical and "slip and fall" hazards are some of the most prevalent concerns.
- Only do activities that are safe for you to perform.
- Wet materials can be VERY heavy. Be careful!
What To Do After A Fire
- Limit movement in the home to prevent soot particles from being embedded into upholstery and carpets.
- Keep hands clean so as not to further soil upholstery, walls and woodwork.
- Place clean towels or old linens on rugs, upholstery and carpet traffic areas.
- If electricity is off, empty freezer and refrigerator and prop doors open.
- Clean and protect chrome with light coating of petroleum jelly or oil.
- Change HVAC filter.
Fire Victim Resources
What NOT To Do After A Fire
- Don't attempt to wash any walls or painted surfaces or shampoo carpet or upholstery without contacting us.
- Don't attempt to clean any electrical appliances that may have been close to fire, heat or water without consulting an authorized repair service.
- Don't use any canned or packaged food or beverages that may have been stored near the fire, heat or water.
Water Damage San Diego
Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration (619) 435-0365
This client had a pipe burst in her home in San Diego, CA. Due to the number of rooms that were affected, a storage POD was required, so that that the family's personal belongings could be stored.
SERVPRO of San Diego Bay SW/Coronado is a preferred vendor with all major insurance carriers, including Farmers, who was the carrier on this particular job.
We were able to coordinate with the adjuster and communicate with the client every step of the way. The client was happy with the work we did and was kind enough to leave us a 5 Star Google Review.
5 Star Google Reviews
"Our house was damaged by water and mold due to several plumbing issues. SERVPRO made this very difficult situation manageable. They handled everything with care, respect and professionalism. They were diligent in communicating an update during every step of the process. So happy to have been able to count on their exceptional service." -Vivian